If you love buffalo
chicken these are
perfect for you.
These buffalo chicken
bombs have a burst
of the perfect amount
of gooey cheese
and buffalo sauce.
It is no secret that I love buffalo sauce and cheese. Especially when you can dip something into ranch dressing you have made my world.
So these buffalo chicken bombs are top on my list of favorite things to eat. When coming up with this recipe I knew they would be good, but I didn’t know just how good they would be.
Buffalo chicken dip is my favorite dip of all time. So rolling that up in a fried ball, life could not get better. The cheese is just so perfect when you take a bite, that is why I called them bombs instead of bites.
Again when it comes to chicken I prefer rotisserie chicken. It is so tasty and getting a whole chicken for under $5 at Sam’s can’t be cheaper. If you want to use chicken breast that works just as well too.
To make life a little easier I used my mixer to blend up the cheeses, chicken and buffalo sauce. If you have a stand up mixer, use it. I promise it will save you so much time than mixing it by hand.
Take a baking sheet and lay some freezer paper down and roll your chicken mix into balls. If you have a small cookie scoop use that. I really wish I had one at the time of making these. I already have one in my amazon cart to order.
The size you make your balls is up to you. I made bigger balls, which still made 36 balls. You could double that by making them half the size and have more bombs to go around. You might need a little more Panko bread crumbs if making smaller bombs.
After filling up the baking sheet put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes. This allows them to harder up and easier to work with when time to bread and fry.
The amount of oil you need depends on the size of pan you are using to fry. You want the oil to completely cover the bombs when frying. So that might be 6 cups or more or less.
When it is time to pull your chicken out of the freezer turn your pan of oil over medium/high heat. Let that get to temperature while you finish preparing your bombs.
Take 3 separate plates and add flour on one, eggs whisked on one, and panko bread crumbs on another. Take each ball and start with the flour and roll it around, then the egg, and then the panko bread crumbs. You will do this with all the chicken bombs.
Add 5 or 6 bombs at a time to your hot oil. Just make sure each of them have enough room to move around some and won’t stick together. Cook them for 2-3 minutes until there is a nice golden brown color.
Lay them on a paper towel lined plate after pulling out of the oil. Serve imminently to get that warm burst of cheesy goodness. Serve with some ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Buffalo Chicken Bombs
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 TBSP ranch dressing seasoning
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- Canola oil for frying
- Add chicken, cheeses, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing seasoning together and use mixer to mix all together.
- Take a baking sheet and add a piece of freezer paper on top and make balls of the chicken mixture and put on the freezer paper.
- Put in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden up.
- Use 3 plates and add flour to one, whisk eggs to another, and Panko bread crumbs to the last plate.
- Add enough oil to a pan to be able to cover the bombs completely and turn on medium/high
- Take your bombs out of the freezer and roll each one in the flour, then eggs, then panko
- Add 5-6 bombs in the heated oil for 2-3 minutes until there is a nice golden color
- After cooking let them sit on a paper towel lined plate to soak up some of the oil