These lobster cakes are a crispy new way to serve up some tasty lobster. Make them for an appetizer for a party or just a main for your next dinner.
Can you ever get enough lobster? No, me neither. I’m not the hugest fish person, but love shellfish. Crab, shrimp, and lobster I’m all for it. Just keep giving me more.
So instead of having just broiled lobster like this cajun lobster recipe or crab stuffed lobster, which I love, I wanted to come up with a new way to cook lobster.
I’ve made salmon patties and crab cakes so why not make something similar with lobster. Fresh lobster fixed with bread crumbs that are basically fried, what could be better? Nothing.
I almost always take advantage when lobster tails go on sale at my local store. $5 or $6 a tail I consider a good deal. Granted these aren’t the biggest tails I’ve seen, but I usually get about 4 ounce tails.
This recipe uses four 4 ounce lobster tails. So if your tails are bigger or smaller adjust the recipe accordingly.
The first thing you want to do after preheating your oven is cut down the top and bottom of the shell. You’ll have to use your finger and pull the lobster away from the shell. Be careful because the shell is sharp. I have cut myself before.
Once you have all that done you’ll be able to pull the lobster to sit on top of the shell. Then pop those suckers into the oven for 8-10 minutes. You want a white color to all of the tail meat and not any transparency.
Once they cool a bit pull the meat away from the shell and cut up into pieces. The size depends on personal preference. I like my meat a little lumpy so you can really get a nice bite of meat.
Next add other ingredients into a bowl and mix together. After mixed divide the mix into 6 equal parts. These make six 2 inch patties. You can make them bigger or smaller if you want.
Next heat oil and butter in a big skillet over medium heat and once heated add patties. Cook for 4 minutes on each side for a nice golden crust.
After cooking lay on a plate with paper towels to let some of the oil soak up. Then serve a minute or two later.
Serve as an appetizer to wow guest or just have for your next dinner.
- 4 lobster tails 1 cup of meat
- 1 egg
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 TSP Toni’s cajun seasoning
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Preheat oven to high broil
- Clean lobster tails by cutting down the top of the lobsters back. Snap the ribs on the bottom part of the tail and pull lobster away from shell and place on top of the back. Cook for 10-12 minutes until all the tail is white
- Let the lobster cool and cut into pieces and add bread crumbs, toni’s seasoning, and 2 TBSP of melted butter in a bowl and mix
- Add the rest of the butter and olive oil to big skillet and turn on medium heat
- Separate lobster mix into 6 parts and form into patties then roll in panko bread crumbs
- Add all the patties to the skillet and cook on each side 4 minutes until a golden crust has formed. After cooking lay on a paper towel to let the extra oil to soak up
Leave a Reply