Japanese cucumber salad
This Japanese cucumber salad is the right
bit of tangy and sweet goodness. So
simple and quick to make once you
start eating this you won't be able to stop.
- 2 cucumbers sliced thin
- 2 TBSP sesame seeds regular or black or both
- 1/2 cups rice vinegar
- 1 TSP soy sauce
- 2 TSP sugar
- 1/4 TSP salt
Slice cucumbers with a mandoline slicer or in food processor or by hand in thin slices
Mix together rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and sesame seeds and stir until sugar and salt is dissolved.
Lay cucumbers flat in a shallow pan and pour mixture over top
Stir around the cucumbers in the mixture and cover and refrigerate
Refrigerate for 2 hours stirring every 30 minutes
- For cutting the cucumbers I suggest using a mandoline slicer or food processor. This makes this step a lot faster. If you don't have either just hand slice the cucumbers really thin.
- Make sure the sugar and salt is dissolved before adding it to the bowl of cucumbers. Achieve this by stirring the mixture until dissolved.
- If you want the cucumbers to marinate more evenly refrigerate them in a shallow large dish, such as a casserole dish so the marinate can cover as many cucumbers as possible.
- Don't forget to stir the cucumbers a couple times while marinating.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 58kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 4.8mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg