This pepperoni bruschetta is so full of fresh ingredients that is so simple to make and perfect for an appetizer or snack.
Servings 2 cups
- 1 loaf baguette bread
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 TSP minced garlic
- 2 TSP basil
- 2 TSP oregano
Add chopped tomatoes to a bowl and then add pepperoni, olives, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, basil, and oregano and mix together well and cover and refrigerate
Preheat oven to 400
Add butter to a sauce pan over high heat and then add minced garlic and cook for 3 minutes and remove
Slice bread into thinner slices and place on baking sheets and then brush eat piece with the garlic butter
Cook for 12 minutes or until bread is golden brown
Serve bread and pepperoni mix together
- Your bread doesn't need to be fresh right from the bakery. Buying it a couple days ahead and letting it set around does just great for this recipe.
- I prefer baguette bread because of the smaller size, but french bread works just as great. French bread is just a little bit wider compare to baguette bread.
- Olive oil is a suitable substitute for the butter in this recipe. You would just want to heat it with the garlic on a lower heat. Or if you have garlic infused olive oil no need for even cooking it before.
- I really like using cherry tomatoes for this recipe because of the little bit of sweetness they bring, but any type of tomato works fine.
- You can substitute the type of olives you use in this recipe. I prefer the tartness of a kalamata olive because it is like a mix of a green and black olives.
- Using fresh basil really can bring a nice flavor to this dish. But if in a pinch dried basil works just as well. I used dried basil that I had made from fresh basil I had awhile back.
- Letting the tomato mixture marinate in the refrigerator for a bit I believe makes this taste so much better
Serving: 0.25cups | Calories: 913kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 60g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 2093mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1025IU | Vitamin C: 11.6mg | Calcium: 311mg | Iron: 5.8mg