Balsamic Green Beans with Almonds
These green beans with almonds are the perfect side dish to any meal. Healthy, crunchy, and flavorful this recipe is packed full of.
- 1 lb whole fresh green beans
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic 1/2 TBSP
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1/4 TSP pepper
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Fill a large pot half way with water and bring to a boil
Add green beans to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes
Strain boiling water and run cold water over green beans, blot green beans with paper towels
Add green beans, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, sliced almonds and salt and pepper to a large bowl and stir
Take a large baking pan and pour the green bean mixture on it and spread out in an even later
Cook for 20 minutes and serve
- If you don't like snapping the ends off of green beans, places like Walmart sale bags of green beans already washed and snapped. So that will save you about 10 minutes of snapping
- I prefer fresh minced garlic rather than pre minced jarred garlic. I use my garlic press to easily mince my garlic.
- If you are wanting really crunchy almonds, do not add them to the green bean mixture. Just pour them on top of the green beans in the oven 5 minutes before done cooking.
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 430mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 782IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 2mg