Why not make your own garlic bread at home with just a few easy steps. This bread is perfect to serve with your next Italian dinner.
- 1 loaf of french bread
- 1 cup of butter
- 3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 2 1/2 TSP minced garlic
- 1 1/2 TSP garlic salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Let butter set out to soften
Add all ingredients except shredded Parmesan and mix together well in a bowl
Slice bread in half long ways
Spread butter mixture on bread followed by sprinkling shredded Parmesan cheese on top and pop in oven
Cook for 10-12 minutes until edges of bread are golden brown
- This way of cooking it gives you a crunchy outside and soft inside. If you want an all around soft put the two halves together and wrap fully in foil
- The shredded Parmesan cheese does get a little crunchy. If you don't like that texture add it five minutes before cooking or skip all together
- Do use real butter. It gives such a better flavor than a butter substitute such as margarine.
- Buy fresh french or Italian bread. If anything prepare the garlic bread without cooking and freeze it.
- If you want a little pop of color to this add some fresh chopped parsley to the mixture.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 473mg | Potassium: 50mg | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 1.2mg