Sausage Stuffing Bites
This simple recipe for these sausage stuffing bites is perfect for Thanksgiving dinner. With only a few ingredients you can whip these up to start Thanksgiving off right.
Servings 24 bites
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 box Stove top Stuffing
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce with cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheese
- 1 cup broth
- 2 eggs
Take a large pan and set to high heat and add sausage to pan and chop up and cook until brown and set aside
Put the can of cranberry sauce in a bowl and pick out all the cranberries and set aside in a bowl
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray
Add cooked sausage, Stove Top Stuffing mix, whole cranberries, shredded cheese, whisked eggs, and broth to a mixing bowl and mix really well
Spoon out some of the stuffing mix into a muffin tin. Repeat with all the muffin tins where the stuffing is over top of the tin
Cook for 30-35 minutes until the bites are turning a nice golden color
- Let the sausage cool some before adding it to the bowl to mix with all the other ingredients. Otherwise it's going to instantly melt the cheese and it will be harder to stir with gooey cheese.
- Make these ahead of time and then when it's time to serve pop in the oven for 30 seconds or so to warm up.
- I prefer to use a block of cheese and shred it myself. I hate that powdery coating on pre shredded cheese.
- I use regular sausage but using the hot version of sausage would also taste really well. Might be suitable for children or really older guest.
- The oven temperature is the same most turkeys are cooked at so if you only have one oven you could pop these in the oven with the turkey. They might take a little longer so keep that in mind. Just wait for the tops to start browning.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 63mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 0.4mg