Frito Chili Pie Dip
Give your guests something to talk about with this Frito chili pie dip for your next get together. Hearty chili and gooey cheese make this the perfect appetizer for you to try.
Servings 8 cups
- 2 jalapeno cream cheese 15 oz
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 bag Fritos
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can Rotel 10 oz
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed 15.5 oz
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1/2 TBSP dried onion flakes
- 1/2 TSP oregano
- 1/2 TSP sugar
- 1/2 TSP paprika
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1/4 TSP cumin
- 1/8 TSP cayenne pepper
Add ground beef to a pan over high heat chop up and brown
After meat is cooked drain fat and put back on burner
Add tomato sauce, rotel, beans, water and seasoning and stir
Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and shimmer for 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Add cream cheese to a cast iron pan or casserole dish in a nice layer
Then add chili on top of cream cheese and then shredded cheese
Cook for 25 minutes and serve with Fritos
- If you don't have a lot of time to make this full recipe when you need it, you can make the chili the day before and store in the refrigerator until you're ready for it.
- If you must you can always buy premade chili and use that instead. You need about 5 cups of chili
- Always let your cream cheese sit out for a bit to soften so it spreads easier.
- If you're worried about heat you can always use one jalapeno cream cheese and one regular. Just mix them together in a bowl before so the two kinds are mixed together.
- I prefer using a Mexican style blend of shredded cheese, but this is really up to you. Pepper jack would be great and so would just plain cheddar cheese.
- This dip wouldn't be called Frito Pie Dip if it didn't come with Fritos. I prefer the bigger Fritos because you can fit more dip on the chip.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 552kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 944mg | Potassium: 633mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1030IU | Vitamin C: 6.2mg | Calcium: 229mg | Iron: 4.2mg