The Best Pumpkin Pie
This best pumpkin pie recipe will become a family favorite right after the first bite. Not only great tasting this pumpkin pie brings a holiday charm to the table.
Servings 8 slices
- 1 14 oz can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 package 2 premade pie crust
- 2 large eggs
- 1 5 oz can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 1/2 TSP ginger
- 1/2 TSP nutmeg
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1/4 TSP cloves
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Roll out premade pie crust and cut out leaf shapes on the edge of pie crust only pressing cutter down on the outside of crust
Put pie crust in a glass round 9.5 inch dish (not greased) and poke holes with a fork halfway through the crust
Mix together all other pie ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour on to pie crust in pan
Cook for 15 minutes add pie crust cover and then reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for 45-50 minutes.
Cut out pie crust pieces from he 2nd pie crust piece and place on a grease baking pan and brush with egg wash mixture and cook for 12-15 minutes or until pieces are golden brown
Test the middle of the pie by sticking a knife or toothpick in the center of the pie to check if it comes out almost clean.
You can also check it by trying to jiggle the pie and making sure only the middle has a little jiggle
Let it cool on a cooling rack for 2 hours before cutting
Add pieces of pie crust leaves where ever you seem fit.
- Be sure to give yourself enough time to set out your pie crust before working with it. If frozen it says 60-90 minutes setting out
- No need to grease your pie pan if using glass
- I highly suggest in getting a pie crust cover. This makes it so much easier to protect your pie crust from burning. You can used foil to make a round layer over the crust, but this becomes time consuming
- Do make sure to watch the leaf pie crust pieces as they cook because they can start to burn easily
- Always let your pie cool at least 2 hours before cutting into. You don't want to mess up the form of the pie
- I find it best to make the pie a day before so it has ample time to cool and you don't have to worry about it cooling in time
- Your extra pie crust pieces just set them on the pie wherever you seem fit. Decorate the whole pie for a pretty display and put some extra pieces on each cut piece of pie
Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 4600IU | Vitamin C: 2.7mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 1.5mg