Discover delicious and wallet-friendly meals the whole family will love with our collection of 20 affordable recipes.
As the cost of living continues to rise, one area where many families are feeling the pinch is at the grocery store. With food prices on the upswing, finding budget-friendly meal ideas has become more important than ever. Fortunately, with a little creativity and planning, it’s possible to enjoy delicious and nutritious meals without breaking the bank. In this post, we’ve rounded up 20 affordable family meals that are both easy to make and easy on the wallet, so you can feed your family without sacrificing taste or quality.
Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken
This creamy spinach artichoke chicken is full with a rich flavor, but with less calories. Perfect all in one meal for your next dinner.
Easy Egg Fried Rice
This easy egg fried rice is light, fluffy, and loaded with fresh vegetables. It takes only 15 minutes to prepare and tastes as good as takeout or even better.
Cheeseburger Sliders with Hawaiian Rolls
Cheeseburger Sliders with Hawaiian Rolls are a quick and easy way to make burgers for your family! Ground beef is mixed with your favorite toppings, and layered between handfuls of sharp cheddar cheese. You don’t have to wait until you’re throwing a party to make sliders. Make them tonight for a fast and delicious dinner!
Easy Chicken Burrito Skillet
This chicken burrito skillet dinner comes together in one pan to make a quick, easy, and healthy dinner the whole family will love! This simple recipe has everything you love in a burrito but is made in a skillet!
3-INGREDIENT SLOPPY JOES
Nothing like a good old-fashioned 3-ingredient sloppy joes recipe that the whole family will love. The easy homemade sloppy joe sauce is made of only 2 ingredients and is gluten-free. Together they make this classic sandwich saucy, sweet, and savory with a bit of tang.
Cinnamon Apple Pork Chops Recipe
These Gluten Free Cinnamon Apple Pork Chops are delicious made with sliced apples and cinnamon blended with brown sugar, nutmeg, rosemary, and paprika. The tart apples and sweet sauce make it a great dish for the whole family, and it will soon be a favorite gluten-free weeknight recipe.
CHICKEN ALFREDO ROLL UPS
Our chicken alfredo roll ups are a quick, easy, dinner idea to throw together on busy weeknights when you want a simple weeknight dinner recipe. Chicken wrapped in noodles in a creamy Alfredo sauce make a comforting and delicious meal.
Easy & Delicious Chicken Chow Mein
This quick and easy Chicken Chow Mein Recipe is going to wok your world. Made up of tender chicken, crunchy veggies, and soft, addictive noodles, this iconic takeout dish makes for a perfect dinner.
GROUND TURKEY ENCHILADA SKILLET MEAL
This one-pot Ground Turkey Enchilada Skillet Meal got rave reviews all around from my family. This will be a regular at our dinner table, for sure!
Cilantro Lime Beer Can Chicken
This juicy cilantro lime beer can chicken taste even better than that store bought rotisserie chicken and only takes a little over an hour to cook.
dutch oven chicken pot pie
If you’re on the lookout for a healthy dinner that is the textbook definition of comfort food, look no further than my Dutch Oven Chicken Pot Pie. Tender chicken and al dente veggies are bathed in a rich and creamy white sauce, covered in a buttery, flaky pastry crust, and baked to perfection for a meal the whole family is sure to love.
CREAMY CHICKEN LIMONE
This chicken limone is made by dredging chicken breast in flour and spices and then topped with a creamy lemon sauce that is filled with delicious flavor.
ULTIMATE FRIED SPAGHETTI
Best ever fried spaghetti is an easy, delicious pasta dish. Spaghetti noodles are fried until crispy then topped with a homemade meaty sauce. It’s covered with cheese and broiled until melted and bubbly on top. Easy to make and kid friendly.
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN AND RICE
Oven Baked Chicken and Rice is a family friendly and easy weeknight one pot meal in the oven. Buttery chicken in an herb flavored rice makes the perfect nostalgic comfort food.
ground turkey enchiladas
ground turkey enchiladas: a mexican turkey casserole that’s 100% comfort food without fuss or heft! surprisingly easy to make and is perfect for a crowd, family dinners, or leftovers!
Chicken Noodle Casserole
Inspired by the classic soup, this Chicken Noodle Casserole recipe is full of chicken, vegetables, and egg noodles with a creamy sauce that ties all the flavors together. This budget-friendly meal uses pantry staples, and you can easily customize it based on what you already have on hand!
Creamy Tomato Chicken Skillet
This Creamy Tomato Chicken Skillet is a super quick, one-pan chicken recipe ready for dinner in just 30 minutes. Juicy Chicken breast is smothered in ultra-creamy tomato sauce. It’s an easy Tomato Chicken recipe that pairs well with many side dishes for a flavourful meal.
Ham and White Bean Soup
This ham and white bean soup is a super filling easy meal to whip up in 30 minutes. Just add some cornbread or crackers and you have a full meal.
one pot cheesy taco pasta
This easy one pot meal comes together in about 30 minutes, is loaded with taco flavors and is seriously comforting (and nourishing)!
CAST IRON SKILLET CHICKEN BREAST WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER
This cast iron skillet chicken is super easy to make, perfectly seasoned golden brown chicken that is tender and juicy and goes perfectly with any side dish! To make this even better, it is topped with a garlic herb butter that adds even more flavor!
Tips and Tricks for Saving Money on Food
- Make a shopping list of what you need before heading to the store and stick to it! This will help you avoid impulse purchases and keep your grocery bill under control.
- Look out for sales and discounts on items you need. You can often find these in store flyers or online.
- Try buying generic or store-brand products, which can be just as good as name-brand products but at a lower cost.
- Consider purchasing non-perishable items in bulk. This can save you money in the long run, especially if you use these items frequently.
- Choose fresh produce that’s in season. Not only is it usually less expensive, but it’s also fresher and more flavorful.
- Cut down on meat costs by incorporating meatless meals into your routine once or twice a week. You can experiment with new vegetarian or vegan recipes that are just as satisfying and filling.
- Take advantage of coupons and loyalty programs to save money on your purchases. Sign up for your store’s loyalty program or keep an eye out for coupons in local newspapers or online.
- Consider shopping at discount stores, which can often offer lower prices than traditional grocery stores. You might be surprised at how much you can save!
- Avoid buying pre-packaged or pre-made foods, as they are often more expensive than making them from scratch. Plus, homemade meals tend to be healthier and tastier!
- Finally, plan your meals ahead of time and only buy the ingredients you need. This will help you avoid waste and overspending. And who knows, you might even discover new recipes and meal ideas along the way!