This creamy chicken with artichokes
and spinach bake has the richness of
cream, but without all the fattening
calories of your traditional creamy dish.
Why are all the good tasting foods not healthy for you? Pizza, pasta, a juicy hamburger. Not to mention creamy dishes. I love all things creamy. Just go ahead and pour it on. But what if you could still have that rich cream flavor without all the fat? This recipe does exactly that.
You’ll want to use an oven safe pan for this recipe because half of it will be cooked on the stove top and the other half in the oven. A cast iron is perfect for this.
You want to take a little bit of olive oil and coat the inside of your pan with it before you place your chicken in the pan. Brown the chicken on both sides for about 5 minutes each side. At this time you can add your cream cheese and chicken broth to the pan to start melting the cream cheese.
Once your cream cheese is fully melted add your chopped artichoke hearts and fresh spinach. Cook for a few minutes, stirring well and pop into the oven. I like to stir around the mixture and veggies half way through the cook time.
Cook long enough until your chicken is cooked fully then pull out of the oven and serve.
Notice that rich creamy flavor and you can’t even tell it’s made with low fat cream cheese? I’m usually not one to use anything named “low fat” because it usually tastes nothing like the original. But using the low fat cream cheese in this recipe I honestly believe you can’t taste the difference.
Creamy Chicken with Artichokes and Spinach
- 2 chicken breast halves
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 can of artichokes hearts chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Use a oven safe pan and add olive oil over medium-high heat
- Add chicken breast and brown both sides cooking 5 minutes each side
- Add cream cheese and chicken breast to pan and melt down the cream cheese
- Stir in garlic, artichokes, and spinach cook for a couple minutes stirring regularly
- Put pan in oven for about 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.