bruschetta has all the
great flavors of the
mixed with the classic
taste of bruschetta.
When it comes to food one of my favorites to come up with are great appetizers for parties or get-togethers. Not only do I love throwing parties, but I love the variety of choices when it comes to food. So appetizers are my favorite because you get to taste so many wonderful things.
With this Mediterranean bruschetta I totally impressed myself. I could not stop eating this after I was done taking pictures of it. It ended up being my lunch one day.
If you have read my past posts its no secret I love feta cheese, or any cheese really. I especially have an obsession with feta since I’ve had my baby and can have feta again. So what’s better than feta, whipped feta.
Whipped feta is so simple to make too. I have no idea why I waited so long to make it. You could just spread this on some toasted baguette bread and it’s so good.
But why stop there. Bruschetta is such a taste packed appetizers in itself, but I always like to change things up.
I have a love for Mediterranean food and always have since I was young. That’s where the marinated artichokes and kalamata olives come in. Chop those up and add them to some cherry tomatoes and now you have Mediterranean bruschetta with a little seasoning.
Toasted baguette bread is so simple to make too. Brush some olive oil on slices and cook for 15 minutes in the oven.
So for your next party give this recipe a try. Or even better pair with your favorite wine and enjoy.
Mediterranean Bruschetta with Whipped Feta
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 4 TSP balsamic vingear
- 1 TSP parsley
- 6 oz feta
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 TSP olive oil
- 1 loaf baguette
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice baguette bread in angle slices
- Brush each slice with olive oil both side and cook on a baking pan for 15 minutes until golden brown
- For the whipped feta add feta, cream cheese and olive oil in a food processor and blend together well. Refrigerate afterwards until ready to serve
- Slice the cherry tomatoes, olives, and artichoke and add together all bruschetta ingredients in a bowl and mix together and refrigerate at least for an hour before serving.