This hearty lasagna is packed with
flavor and lacks no flavor with
skipping out on the ricotta.
What’s better than an ole fashion grandma’s style lasagna? Nothing can bring a family together better than a good meal and this is one of them. Now what if you find out your husband doesn’t like ricotta cheese? I mean how do you make lasagna without ricotta cheese?
Well, I did not want to give up one of my favorites because my husband wouldn’t eat it because of one ingredient. So time to change up this recipe a bit and see if I get the seal of approval.
So if I’m going to take out one cheese I have to replace it with another because I don’t want any shortage of cheese in my meal. I am a total cheese lover. Everyone knows lasagna always has mozzarella cheese and lots of it. So let’s add some oowey gooey provolone cheese to make it that much more tasty.
Before the cheese is melted it’s going to seem like you are using so much cheese, but believe me once it’s melted it won’t seem like much at all. And honestly you can never have too much cheese.
So once your lasagna is ready to eat, serve it with some yummy garlic bread and maybe a glass of red wine and enjoy.
- 9 lasagna noodles cooked according to package
- 1.5 lbs of ground beef
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups of shredded provolone cheese
- 1 28 oz can of tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP parsley
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 TSP Italian seasonings
- 2 TSP salt
- 1/2 TSP pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package and set aside
- Saute onions in the olive oil in large saucepan over medium high heat
- Add ground beef and cook thoroughly
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasonings and simmer over low heat until thick
- In a a glass casserole dish lay a layer of 3 noodles then meat mixture and a layer of cheese.
- Repeat 2 more times and cook in the oven for 45 minutes