Crunchy crispy fried pickles are
the best. These baked “fried” pickles
are a twist on the recipe to make it
healthier without losing the taste.
Who doesn’t love ordering some fried pickles when you go out to your local restaurant? Fried pickles with some cool creamy ranch dressing is so yummy. Of course the fried part tastes so good, but who really needs to be eating fried food all the time.
I currently don’t even own a fryer because I don’t need the temptation. So these baked “fried” pickles are a great substitute you can make right in your oven.
I use a combination of bread crumbs and Panko bread crumbs. The regular bread crumbs evenly coat the pickles and the Panko add a crunch to the pickles. I’ve found that the combination compliments each other well.
I like to add a little seasoning to the bread crumb mix. A little ranch dressing seasoning and some cayenne pepper. The ranch seasoning adds a little tang and the cayenne a tiny bit of spice.
For this recipe I use about 1 ½ cups of sliced pickles, which is about 50 pickles give or say. I try to pick out the bigger sized slices out of the jar.
This recipe is so easy to make. Just dip the pickles in egg whites and then in the breading and lay out on a baking pan and bake. So simple.
I like to flip the pickles over half way through the cooking time. The side of the pickles that are touching the pan get the crispiest, so flipping them you’ll get both sides evenly.
So next time you are getting a craving for some fried pickles try this recipe out and don’t feel guilty afterwords. Perfect for a quick appertizer or great side dish.
Baked “Fried” Pickles
- 1 1/2 cups pickle slices about 50 slices
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of egg whites
- 1 TBSP of ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 TSP of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine bread crumbs, Panko bread crumbs, ranch dressing seasoning, and cayenne pepper into a bowl
- Pour egg whites into a small bowl
- Line a baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray
- Dip pickle slices in egg white and then in bread crumb mix. Evenly coat both side of the pickles
- Line up on the baking pan
- Cook for 18 minutes, flipping half way through