These tasty chipotle corn and black bean quesadillas are a easy meal you can whip up in 20 minutes. Full of flavor and meat free.
I don’t know if it’s a Texas thing or maybe an inner fat girl thing, but I love Mexican food. There is nothing tastier than cheese and carbs combined together. Because come on that is what most Mexican food is. Cheese and tortillas.
Of course here in Texas we have Texmex, which is soooo good. You can’t drive down the street without passing at least one Mexican restaurant on every block almost.
I don’t even think I can pick my favorite Mexican food. Between queso, tacos, quesadillas, and enchiladas please don’t make me decide. They are all so good.
Quesadillas are easy enough to make, right? Grab 2 tortillas, some cheese and some meat and melt it all together. But I like my quesadillas with a little more. Give me that wow or unique factor.
That’s where the chipotles come in. I don’t know what it is about chipotles, but I am obsessed. When it comes to other peppers I will past. I love me some pickled jalapenos, but can stand fresh ones. I know I’m a little strange.
I always keep some chipotle peppers in abode sauce on stock in my pantry. I never know when something will need some chipotle peppers added to it.
So all you have to do with this recipe is chop up those peppers in a food processor and blend well. I don’t use the extra abode sauce. I just use whatever comes on the peppers when picking them out of the can.
Drain and rinse your corn and black beans and throw all that in a pan with your chipotle peppers, drain Rote,l and taco seasoning and cook over medium heat for about 7 minutes. You want to make sure the flavors heat up and mix together.
Take one tortilla and put it in a pan over medium heat and add half a cup of cheese on top of the tortilla then ¼ of the corn and black bean mixture and another half a cup of cheese.
Cook for 5-7 minutes until the bottom cheese is melted and add another tortilla on top and flip the whole quesadilla and cook for another 5-7 minutes on that side.
There’s enough to make 4 full quesadillas. Serve with a side of salsa or sour cream.
Chipotle Corn and Black Bean Quesadillas
- 1 3.5 oz can of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of rotel
- 1 TBSP taco seasoning
- 4 cups of shredded cheese
- Take chipotle peppers out of can and chop up in a food processor
- Drain and rinse corn and black beans and also drain rotel juice
- Add corn, black beans, rotel, chipotle peppers and taco seasoning to a pan and cook over medium heat for 7 minutes
- Add one tortilla to a pan and 1/2 a cup of cheese on top and then 1/4 pf the corn and bean mix and another 1/2 cup on cheese in that order over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes
- After cheese starts to melt add a tortilla on top and flip over and cook for another 3 minutes on the other side