These salmon patties
have a crispy golden
crust filled with
inside. A southern
classic that tastes great.
Salmon patties are one of the few things my husband loves to eat. He is such a picky eater it is hard to believe someone who is such a food adventurist as me is with someone as picky as him.
But when it comes to cooked fish ( no sushi, not even the cooked kind) he is pretty game for it all. So salmon is an every week occurrence in our house. If you read my past post you will see I’m a pan seared salmon kind of girl.
Well, this man loves salmon patties and who could resist that crunchy fried outer layer of a salmon patty. The outer crust is my favorite part.
I personally like to use fresh salmon, but I have seen people use canned salmon which should be okay if you’re in a pinch.
Just cook a pound of salmon on a baking sheet in the oven for about 15 minutes. Once done cooking flake away. Leave the skin behind and add the flaked salmon in a bowl and let it cool down.
Once the salmon has cooled some add all other ingredients except panko crumbs and ½ teaspoon of the Tony’s.
Mix together real well and cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. You do this to let the mixture harden up a little so when you mold them they will keep their form.
This recipes makes 6 patties so divide into 6 equal amounts and form into a patty/cake form. After they are formed roll them in the panko crust and Tony’s seasoning.
Have your pan of oil over medium high heat and once heated add 3 patties at a time if your pan has room. Cook for 4 minutes on each side for a nice golden crust.
After cooking lay on a plate with paper towels to let some of the oil soak up. Once cooking all of them serve.
This is the perfect meal if you want all the healthy benefits salmon gives you, but without all that bland taste. Perfect for the kiddos because lets be honest, it’s kind of like a fish stick.
- 1 lb salmon
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP spicy mustard
- 1 TSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TSP Toni’s Cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil and grease and add salmon and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Flake your salmon away from the skin and add to a bowl and let cool
- Add regular bread crumbs, mayo, mustard, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 TSP of Toni’s seasoning to the bowl of cooled salmon and mix together well
- Cover and refrigerate at least for 30 minutes
- Take a large skillet and add butter and oil and turn on medium high heat.
- Divide the salmon patty mix into 6 equal parts and mix together Panko bread crumbs and the rest of the Toni’s and roll each side of each salmon patty in the mixture.
- Cook 3 patties at a time if you have the room 4 minutes on each side and after cooking let it rest on some paper towels to soak up some of the oil