These chipotle chicken avocados are packed with flavor which would be great for your next dinner. Topped with a creamy cilantro lime sauce that won’t disappoint.
So I am kind of obsessed with all things Mexican food. Not sure if it has to do with the all the flavors, all the cheese, or simply because I’m from Texas. Can’t be from Texas and not get your fair share of some Tex-Mex. You can’t drive a couple blocks without passing a Mexican food restaurant.
I’m also slightly obsessed with Mexico it’s self. If I’m on vacation its usually in the Cancun/Playa area. I’m never going down there without visiting the tiny island off of Cancun called Isla Mujeres. Literally my favorite place on this Earth.
That island still has that authentic Mexican feel unlike the bigger cities like Cancun and Playa del Carmen. And what’s even better you can find that authentic Mexican food there as well.
But this is not a travel post, but a recipe post. So back to the recipe.
In this house we keep avocados stocked because my little 1 year old daughter is obsessed with them. I mean can eat a whole avocado in one sitting. Yes, she will be costing me extra for the next 17 years every time we go eat Mexican for that side of avocado.
Have you tried this Mexican seasoning salt Tajin before? A chili seasoning with a hint of lime. Yum. And no this is not a sponsor post whatsoever. I just thought this would be a great seasoning for this recipe.
Just sprinkle a couple tablespoons on top and bottom of your chicken breast and let the flavors soak in while it cooks. After 20 minutes or so your chicken breast are ready to go.
Shred those babies up and mix in a bowl with some mayo and grinned up chipotle peppers. I use my mini food processor to grind up my chipotle peppers.
Now stuff that chicken mixture in your halved avocados and throw them in the oven.
While that is cooking whip up your creamy cilantro lime sauce and then pour that on top of your avocado when they are done cooking.
This is the perfect meal for two.
Chipotle Chicken Avocados
- 2 chicken breast halves
- 2 avocados
- 3.5 oz can chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 TBSP Tajin seasoning
Cilantro lime sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 1 TBSP mayo
- 1 TSP red pepper flakes
- 1/4 TSP garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and season your chicken with the Tajin seasoning and cook for about 20 minutes until chicken is done
- Add all ingredients together for the cilantro lime sauce and mix together well
- Once chicken is done cooking shred it and add into a bowl with mayo and chopped chipotle peppers and mix well
- Slice avocados in half and dig a little bit out of the middle to fit more chicken and add chicken to the avocado and put on a baking sheet and put in the oven on high broil for 5 minutes
- Once done cooking pour cilantro sauce on top.