These black bean and
chicken nachos are simple
to make and so delicious
with this chipotle lime sour
cream sauce. You won’t have
any left over to even share.
I am obsessed with nachos. Something about cheese, chips, and sour cream I can’t get enough of. Them load them up with even more good stuff and I’m sold.
I always love when a place has their own special sauce whether it be a taco sauce or salsa or even better a spicy sauce. That special sauce just completes the meal.
I use black beans when I can because they are so good for you. Just rinse these beans through a strainer and throw in the food processor with with taco seasoning and vegetable oil and blend. It’s kind of like a healthier re-fried beans taste.
Just take a sheet pan and take a tortilla chip and spread some of the bean mixture on it and lay out on the sheet pan. Repeat with all your tortilla chips until your sheet pan is full.
Next take your chicken and put on top on your beans and chips. Now you just have the cheese left over to put on top and then pop in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
While they are cooking take the chipotle peppers in adobe sauce and just take the peppers out and blend them in a food processor to get all grounded up. Then mix together in a small bowl your grounded chipotle peppers, sour cream and lime juice.
After your nachos baking you can throw on whatever topping you like. For this recipe I just lettuce, black olives, jalapenos, limes, and of course the chipotle lime sour cream sauce.
Black Bean and Chicken Nachos
- 20-25 Tortilla chips
- 1 12.5 oz can of chicken breast or cooked chicken shredded
- 1/2 package of taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans
- 1 TSP vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese
Chipotle Lime Sour Cream Sauce
- 1 3.5 can of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 4 oz sour cream
- 1/2 of lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 TBSP chopped black olives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Drain and rinse black beans in a strainer and add to your food processor along with vegetable oil and taco seasoning and blend well
- Take your tortilla chips and spread some of your black bean mixture on each chip and lay on a sheet pan
- Add shredded chicken on top of chips and then shredded cheese and put in oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted
- While cooking take the chipotle peppers out of can and add to food processor and blend well
- Take blended peppers along with sour cream and lime juice and mix together in a small bowl
- When nachos are done cooking add all toppings and sour cream sauce