These garlic parmesan pretzels are so simple to make with only a few ingredients. Perfect for a tasty snack or to share at your next party.
What is your go-to snack? Are you a salty or sweet snacker? Me personally I’m all about the salty. Something salty and crunchy is the only way to go.
I really like bold flavors too. I’ve always been that way. We used to think it was because I couldn’t taste food well because of nasal problems, but now that I don’t have those problems I still enjoy bold flavors.
So what is a bold flavor or at least can be? Garlic. Who doesn’t love garlic. I will put garlic in just about everything. I literally keep the largest jar of minced garlic on hand.
And then there is cheese. I can never get enough of it. You can pretty much top everything with cheese. Sweet or salty, doesn’t matter.
So whoever came up with the combo of garlic Parmesan flavor high five to you. You see this as a flavor for chicken wings. Not what you’d normally expect for a wing flavor, but is so good.
Well while internet shopping for a grocery order I found this garlic Parmesan sauce at Walmart. I knew instantly I had to make something with it. Then pretzels nuggets came to mind.
And now the creation of garlic Parmesan pretzels comes about. You literally couldn’t get any simpler. Just need a bottle of this garlic Parmesan sauce, pretzels, and some oil.
I whisk the garlic Parmesan sauce and the oil together. It really just thins out the sauce a little more. The reason I added the oil is because the oil will soak more into the pretzels. I don’t want just a top layer flavor, but I want the flavor all the way through.
Now just add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together well. Lay out on a baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes. You want to stir the pretzels about every 10 minutes to cook evenly.
Let them cool and you’re ready to go. Important to let them cool because they get there crunch back after cooling.
It’s totally optional but I like to top them with some grated Parmesan cheese right when they come out of the oven. Because like I said you can never get enough cheese.
Garlic Parmesan Pretzels
- 1 Bag Pretzel nuggets 16 ounces
- 1 Cup Garlic Parmesan sauce
- 1/4 Cup Canola oil
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Add the garlic parmesan wing sauce and canola oil to a bowl and whisk together well
- Add your pretzels to a large bowl and pour garlic parmesan mixture on top and stir really well until all the pretzels are coated
- Spray a large baking pan with cooking oil
- Pour the pretzels on the baking sheet and put in the oven for 50 minutes stirring evry 15 minutes
- Let the pretzels completely cool before consuming
- If you don’t have canola oil, vegetable oil will work just as well. Maybe not olive oil due to it’s strong flavor
- I prefer pretzel nuggets but you could also use pretzel sticks or whole pretzels. You might want to adjust the cooking time since these are much thinner pretzels
- Do make sure to stir the pretzels around at least 3 times while cooking so they can cook evenly
- Very important to let them cool before consuming so they are crunchy again. If you take a bite straight out of the oven it is going to taste a little soggy.
- I like to sprinkle some grated parmesan on top to give it some extra cheese.
- Store in an air tight container and you can enjoy these throughout the week.